Structured Approach to Enterprise KPIs: ROKS Enterprise Overview
Why use a structured approach?
There are a number of pitfalls and hazards in KPI development which can lead to wasted time, effort or poor outcomes. The Results-Orientated KPI System (ROKS™) has been developed to provide the most efficient way to develop and implement effective KPIs as quickly and reliably as possible.
What is the ROKS Enterprise™ approach?
The Results-Orientated KPI System (ROKS™) is a seven-step method for developing key performance indicators (KPIs).
Who is the ROKS Enterprise™ approach designed for?
Medium to large enterprises that want to use their strategic objectives to develop focussed, effective set of performance indicators. It can also be useful for smaller organisations with complex or unusual needs.
When not to use the ROKS Enterprise™ approach
If you run a small-medium business where your business goals can be fully described by the following objectives…
- Run a profitable and solvent business
- A growing business
- A balanced quality of life
- A legal and compliance business
- An innovative business
- Manage risk (legal, health and safety, environmental etc.)
.. you will find the ROKS Express™ method is better tailored to your needs.
The ROKS™ methodology provides seven logical steps for KPI development...
Step 1: Clear strategy
Agree what you are trying to achieve
- Review strategy documentation
- Identify strategic objectives
- Where and how will your KPIs be used?
Step 2: Engage
Engage stakeholders and assess situation
- Identify key stakeholders
- Develop communications plan
- Cognitive design training
- Review existing reports and dashboards
Step 3: Longlist KPIs
KPI Trees to create 'longlist'
- Draft 'KPI Trees' in stakeholder workshops
- Run follow-up results mapping workshop
- Redraft, review and sign off KPI Trees
Step 4: Shortlist KPIs
Develop the measures 'shortlist'
- Workshop importance/ease-of-capture matrix
- Agree 'use, aspire or discard' list
- Set up new measures
- Develop action plans for 'use' and 'aspire' lists
Step 5: Define
- Precisely define measures and KPIs
- Document known issues
- Make definitions and notes freely available
Step 6: Prototype
Design and test your dashboards and reports
- Review the prototype proposals
- Run dashboard live prototyping sessions
- Review and revise draft dashboard/report
Step 7: Go live
Roll out your KPIs, reports and dashboards
- Get buy-in
- Deal with issues with existing data
- Map the KPI process
- Seek user feedback and tweaks during nursery period
- Hand over to 'business as usual' team
Find out more
Whilst most of the ideas you need to succeed are in the books Bernie has written, sometimes you just need some practical advice on how to apply those ideas to your organisation. A little help can give you a big boost towards your performance goals. Bernie can provide an array of KPI and improvement services to give you fresh insight and new angles to tackle your measurement and improvement problems. A quotation and situation analysis are provided in the 'Initial Review', a completely frank 60 minute phone consultation.
Here's how we do it...
Preparation: We will send you an application form, with costs and payment details for the session. Once payment is made, we will send you a preparation form by email. You can also share any materials or documents you feel will be helpful during the discussion (secure share details are included in the application form).
Timing: We will advise you of the next available consultation slot.
Qualification: Bernie has a lot of demands on his time, with only a few consulting clients accepted. If your need is outside of Bernie's' core expertise he will (gratefully) decline your application but recommend other resources to you.
Focus: These sessions are 100% focussed on delivering the best possible solution to your challenges. There's no agenda to sell further products or services to you, just the intention to deliver the best possible value.
Recording: The call will be recorded and shared with you afterwards, so there's no need to take notes and no chance of missing anything.
Satisfaction: If, within the first 15 minutes of the call, you decide that this isn't right for you, you are free to call a stop to the call - the consultation is free. After 15 mins you are committed to the whole call.
To request an application form and pricing please fill in this enquiry form...